Are you a student or upcoming graduate studying lighting design as part of an engineering or design program? Do you have a passion for design, sustainability and creative problem solving? Are you seeking an exciting job opportunity where you can experience the field of lighting design within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment?
AKLD Lighting Design offers talented professionals the opportunity to transform visions into designs that illuminate some of the most impressive buildings in the world. We are currently seeking a student intern lighting designer to spend the summer working with our award-winning Lighting Design group. The candidate would be responsible for working on lighting designs, fixture selection, lighting controls, energy code compliance and all aspects of lighting design and documentation. The preferred candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working collaboratively alongside other creative minds and problem solvers.
This position will be comprised of a mixture of remote and in-person working. Location could be in our Chicago or Denver offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Producing lighting layouts in Revit.
- Photometric calculations utilizing AGI32 or LightStanza software.
- Energy code compliance calculations.
- Report writing.
- Developing presentation materials, renderings, and graphic packages.
- Developing luminaire schedules and pulling product specification sheets.
- Develop and review mock-ups.
- Collaboration with design team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Can-do approach to project work and assignments.
- Competent knowledge of Revit.
- Familiarity with applications such as SketchUp, Enscape, Navisworks, Lumion, Rhino.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research and present design options.
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Competent knowledge of and proficiency with photometric calculation software such as LightStanza, AGI32, photometric toolbox, and IES files.
Education And Experience
Students actively pursuing a 4-year degree in an accredited design or engineering program with a focus on lighting design.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
AKLD is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace